Inside Adobe Photoshop 6, Chapter 2..
On page 9, step 2 says to: "Click the Paintbrush tool on the toolbox (or press P)." By pressing "P" you'll get the Pen tool, and not the Paintbrush. "B" should be pressed to make the Paintbrush the active tool.Inside Adobe Photoshop 6, Chapter 2..example 2.7...refer to figure 2.33:
Okay, that tiny thumbnail of Mr. Sun is wrong for the steps. The mask obviously needs to be applied to the sun to trim off the bottom. So, what you should do is:
- Click on the Mr. Sun title on the Layers palette to make this the current editing layer.
- Click on the Mask thumbnail on the Mr. Sun title on the Layers palette.
- Drag the mask thumbnail picture into the trash icon to permanently remove the bottom of the sun from the Mr. Sun Layer.
- lick on the Sunshine layer title on the Layers palette to make it the current editing layer.
- Ctrl+click on the Mr. Sun layer title to load the shape (a circle with the bottom flat) as a marquee selection.
Proceed and fill the Sunshine layer and continue.